April and May are so much fun in Kansas! It has been really warm and SO humid lately that I feel like a teenager with a new breakout every morning. But with spring comes tornadoes and last night was the best yet. We had tornado watches and warnings that had the tornado sirens going on and off for a couple of hours. (A tornado warning is when a funnel cloud has been spotted or is forming. That is when the sirens go off, warning you to seek shelter.) So what does a responsible Kansan do? You head straight outside with video camera in hand, of course. While I was going outside with our camera, singing, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," Blake was singing a different tune - something like, "I Don't Want to Live Here Anymore....Jenny, Come Inside Right Now!" I liked my song better. I wish I had a picture of him during the warnings, but this is pretty close...
I couldn't be happier.
This is a better video taken on campus a couple miles from our house. (Our house is about one inch left of the screen shot.) The music is weird and it's really jumpy at the beginning, but it gets better.
Cool, huh? Boo yeah, be jealous. This makes living with B.R.'s TOTALLY worth it.
P.S. We're on tornado watch again tonight until midnight. (*!!!*)


9 comments:
Wait a minute... 2 times in one year? I mean month... in only 13 days? AMAZING! Glad you're safe from the tornado. I love your song!
Wow that is some crazy video! We were watching the news this morning and heard about the tornados, Ian said it would be so cool to see one. Hope you stay safe!
Love the adventure. I would so be like you, excited and outside taping. We had a couple of warnings in Texas and it was new. Keep safe and hope to see you soon.
I'm so happy that you posted videos! That's awesome! Sorry they weren't closer...though I'm also very happy your house is still standing and your family is all safe. Soooo...I suppose it worked out for the best.
You inspired me not to be scared when hurricane season comes this year. I'm with Blake on this one even if he looked like Dwight. :) What an exciting update!
AAHHHH is about what I am thinking!!!! I guess I am more like Blake... although I do admit I like seeing other people seeing the tornadoes, I just wouldn't want to see one right above my head.
So freakin' Jealous Jenny! I have ALWAYS wanted to be a "tornado chaser". However, I went to the "IVY LEAGUE" instead. I would love to see a storm like this sometime in my life.
Glad you are safe though.
xoxo
Jenny, you are hilarious! I miss you guys :( You should move up to Fargo when Blake graduates (and ps congrats to Blake on his award) You can get rid of those crazy tornadoes and BR's in a heartbeat. Sure, we sometimes have this little thing called "flooding" but that turned out okay! I'll be honest, I don't miss those tornadoes one bit!
Hey Jen. When are you coming in june? Nate leaves on the 3rd, which is wednesday. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment