Oh yes. This is what you've been waiting for. After seeing that video I was able to take Abby to kindergarten, start the dishwasher, even update my blog. This IS something special. So next time you're feeling down, you'll have me to thank. But wait! There's more. Check out their "Because of You" CD, perfect for that special someone. (I know what I'm getting Blake for Christmas!)
Now I know you're all overexcited from watching that video, but don't get too excited. I can't update the past 4 months in one day. (Who do you think I am, anyway, the guy who stands up from his chair at the end?!) I'm going to update from most recent to less recent so in case my "Cheers to You" order falls through, you'll at least know what's going on with us now.
Abby's first day of kindergarten was yesterday. What?! That's right. I know what you're thinking - "Jenny's not old enough to have a kindergartener! Why, she couldn't be more than 20 years old!" I don't think I'm old enough to have a kindergartener either. That's something only real moms have. I'm just doing a practice run right now until I'm old enough to do the real thing. Anyway, somehow this day really came and went so here are some pictures.
Abby seemed nervous but excited. She looked as white as a ghost, but she was brave and tough and went right in with her class. I was brave and tough too. I got a lump in my throat, but I swallowed it down just like real moms must do. We went to Spangles afterward to celebrate me - I mean Abby - being brave for the first day.
Last weekend we went to the county fair. We saw lots of animals and went home. No,really, that's all we did. Blake wanted to go to the Demolition Derby, but tickets were $10 and seeing as how our Sentra could be IN the Demolition Derby we thought it would be wise to put our $40 into fixing the air conditioning on it. And it was so HOT. So very, very HOT. It's the kind of humid hot where every pore is sweating and you can't escape it. Shade and a breeze smelling like pigs and cows don't even help.
That's all for now. Tune in next time for Adventures in St. Louis.
14 comments:
Thanks for the update. It's hard taking those cute little kiddies to school. I felt the same way with Laney. I couldn't believe she was already starting school. Although I'm having a hard time getting use to the fact I have a 5th grader and 3rd grader as well.
You are SO funny Jenny! I'm so glad I have a friend like you!
Oh my gosh! Abby in kindergarten! So crazy. I'm so proud of you, Jenny :-)
And thanks for the post!!!
I can't believe Abby and Whitney are going to kindergarten this year. I can't believe Abby's lost a tooth. Joshua just lost his first 3 weeks ago and he's going into 1st grade. We miss you guys!
Well by gum I loved that post!! I am so proud of Abby! Abby and Hallie look so cute in their cowboy boots!
I got a lump in my throat just seeing Abby in that pic! I can't believe it. And thanks for the video. I am going to repeat it 100 times today because I really need it.
Haha loved the post! I feel so inspired now!
It is nice to see your beautiful faces. Yay for Abby being in school and making your day a little easier!
You can tell how hot it was there by Hallie and Abby's red faces and wavy hair. Oh Jenny that IS hot. Abby in Kindergarten is weird to me too, i don't feel that old but I was in sixth grade when she was born. Time flies when you're having fun!
oh and by they way... ONLY $24.95?!! Thats a bargain!! haha, the pic of Abby with her straw: cutest thing ever.
I've been looking for you!!! WOw! I can't believe Abby is in the big K~!! You must have had her when you were 16 or something!! :) You're girls are so big and I loved seeing your pics. See what we're up to at princessdime.blogspot.com
Wendy and Brett N.
Hilarious. Hilarious. I am shaking my head right now in awe of you. Where in the heckaroony did you find that video? Oh my gosh.
Abby is so sweet. I just want to put some metal armor on her so that nobody hurts her feelings or is mean. I am so proud and glad that she was brave.
and as for the fair. I love your description. and abby's and hallie's cheeks are about ready to pop with heat in the last picture. I just want to scream "Get inside!" Love the braids and the boots!!!!!
HOORAY FOR YOU!!
What's sad is I kinda look like that guy.
OMG...that video changed my life in a matter of seconds! Thank you for posting it - hilarious.
Your girls look so big and it hasn't even been that long since I've seen them! I can't believe Abby's in Kindergarten!
Post a Comment